Job Opening: Naturopathic Physician
1. Interview patients and document symptoms and medical histories;
2. Order or refer patients to perform diagnostic imaging procedures such as radiographs (x-rays), ultrasounds, mammograms, and/or bone densitometry tests;
3. Diagnose health conditions based on patients' symptoms, health histories, laboratory test results, radiological imaging results, clinical tests, and/or other physiological measurements;
4. Administer vitamin and mineral intravenous therapy;
5. Prescribe natural medicine, dietary supplements, herbal extracts, nutritional therapy, homeopathy, Oriental or Ayurvedic medicine, electrotherapy, acupuncture, diathermy, and/or counseling to treat patients' medical conditions;
6. Prescribe appropriate medications as necessary for a primary care practice that uses natural remedies;
7. Refer patients with serious ailments or conditions to a specialist or appropriate facilities;
8. Perform follow-up examinations, as well as educating patients in disease prevention and health maintenance;
9. Advise patients about therapeutic exercises;
10. Attend professional development activities such as post-graduate education, continuing education, and/or residency programs without teaching any medical students; and
11. Manage medical supply orderings.
- A doctoral degree in Naturopathic Medicine (ND); and
- Naturopathic physician license issued by the State of Vermont.
Work location: 3804 Shelburne Road, Shelburne, VT 05482
Full-time position, 40 hours per week
Employer: Champlain Center for Natural Medicine, Inc.
Please send resume to [email protected], or to 3804 Shelburne Road, Shelburne, VT 05482 (Attn: Ms. Michele Starr, Practice Manager)